The GRE? General Test is offered year-round as a computer-delivered test in most locations around the world. Appointments are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis, so register early to get your preferred test date and test location. You can register online or by phone.
Watch a quick video to take a closer look at how to register for the test through your ETS account.
Note: By submitting your registration for a GRE General Test, you are agreeing to abide by all procedures and policies in the GRE? Information Bulletin, on the GRE website or communicated to you at the test administration for which you have registered.
If you require accommodations for a disability or health-related need, you must register following the process outlined on that page.
Registering Through Your ETS Account
If you are testing at a test center, you must register at least two days before your preferred test date. At home appointments are available as early as 24 hours after you register.
- Log in to your ETS account or create an account.
- On your My GRE home page, select Register/Find Test Centers.
- Verify your email address, then continue.
- To select your test appointment, confirm your time zone, or select a new one.
- Choose the two-month period you would like to take the test, and select an available test date from the calendar.
- Select an available time for your test, and click "Register for this test."
- Follow the directions to continue your registration and pay for your test.
- Once your registration has been processed, you will receive a confirmation email from ETS confirming your test choice, test date, test center or link to launch your at home test, and score recipients.
Registering by Phone
You must register at least two days before your preferred test date.
In the United States, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico or Canada: Call the test center directly or call Prometric? Services at 1-443-751-4820 or 1-800-473-2255.
Outside the United States: Call the appropriate Regional Registration Center (RRC).
- Register and pay for your test.
- A confirmation number, reporting time and test center address will be given to you once you've registered.
After Your Registration Has Been Processed
You will receive a confirmation email from ETS that confirms your test choice, test date, test center and score recipients. To correct personal data, contact GRE Services.
Requesting an Authorization Voucher by Mail
If you are paying with a paper check or money order, you will need to request a GRE General Test authorization voucher by mail.
- Complete the GRE General Test Authorization Voucher Request Form and mail with a paper check or money order with the appropriate payment to the address printed on the form. Allow up to three weeks for processing and mail delivery.
- When you receive your authorization voucher, you can register online or call to schedule an appointment.
- Testing in the United States, U.S. Territories or Canada: call Prometric Services at 1-443-751-4820 or 1-800-473-2255
- Testing Outside the United States: call the appropriate Regional Registration Center (RRC).
- Be sure to make your appointment prior to the expiration date on the authorization voucher.
Additional Registration Information
- Payment Policies
- Retaking the GRE General Test
- ETS Use of Personal Information and Data Retention
- Rescheduling or Canceling Your Test